Brussels, 2nd of August. As part of its REPowerEU Plan, the European Commission proposes a rapid acceleration of renewable energy including a target of 35 bcm biomethane by 2030 and a new Biomethane Industrial Partnership (BIP) to ‘support the achievement of the target and create the preconditions for a further ramp up towards 2050’. The Commission, EU Member States, the biomethane value chain coordinated by European Biogas Association and a group of twenty companies and academia are forming the BIP. The BIP was formally established in an official launch together with the European Commission last year with Commissioners Timmermans and Simson as well as several CEOs.
We are hiring a (Junior) Consultant to support the coordination and organisation of the Biomethane Industrial Partnership. We offer a 12-month contract with intention for extension.
The successful candidate will coordinate the activities of the BIP and manage the communications of the Partnership. This will include:
- Administratively supporting the BIP working groups (Task Forces) composed of the Commission, EU Member States, industry players and academia;
- Ongoing liaising and building strong relationships with all stakeholders, including policymakers at EC and Member State level, the Governing Board and the Support Group of the value chain;
- Setting up and monitoring the communications strategy;
- Draft and report findings of the work in the various Task Forces;
- Drafting newsletters, press releases and articles; managing website and social media; organising webinars and events;
- Organise Governing Board and other relevant meetings;
- Organise frequent working level meetings to support day-to-day BIP activities;
- Implementing other administrative and financial tasks related to the daily management of the BIP.
The position will be based at the Renewable Energy House in Brussels at the offices of the EBA.
Essential Skills & Qualities
- Confident networker with excellent verbal and written communication skills with a firm, clear yet friendly communication style;
- Ability to convert complex ideas and topics into clear messages;
- Excellent organisational skills, ideally with experience in a (student association) board, experience in organising events;
- Fluent in English, preferable also with command of French, German, Polish or other major European language;
- Experience at or affinity with working with EU institutions, particularly the European Commission;
- Experience in Communications/Marketing Communications;
- Knowledge of CMS, desktop publishing software and marketing platforms (such as or similar to WordPress, InDesign, Mailchimp) and graphic software (such as Photoshop). Experience with video editing and photography is a plus;
- Independent and self-starting professional;
- Highly responsive and organised, excellent time-management;
- The candidate will have to demonstrate that he/she has the right to live and work in Belgium.
How to apply?
Please send your CV (no Europass format) and cover letter (max. 2 pages) to Harmen Dekker (email@example.com) with the subject ‘YOUR NAME – (Junior) Consultant’ by 10.09.23. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Please consider that only the selected CVs will be notified for further process and interview.